IS THERE ANY WAY OF EXTENDING THE LIFE OF MY CAR BATTERY?
Keep it clean. If a battery accumulates dirt and grime, it will start to discharge across the terminals. Cleaning should be done twice a year and takes about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove any clip-on covers that hinder access to the battery.
- Sprinkle baking soda all over the battery surface, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Do not touch any of the terminals to the body of the car (ground). A short may occur.
- Do not touch two terminals at the same time. You may get a shock.
- Remember not to allow any dirt or grime from the battery on to your body or clothing. (may contain battery acid)
- Rinse off using a water hose. Be careful not to splash mixture.
- Use an old rag and wipe dry starting with the top.